Grades K – 5
9:00 am – 4:00 pm*
On select no-school days, kids put their creative minds to work exploring different aspects of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) during these engaging, hands-on single day workshops.
*Extended Care Available:
Early Care (8 – 9am): $5
Late Care (4 – 5 pm): $5
Limited need-based scholarships are available. Complete this form to request a scholarship.
Cancellations made at least one week prior to the start of a program are eligible for a full refund or credit, minus a $5.00 cancellation fee per child. Cancellations after that are eligible for a 50% refund or credit. No refund or credit will be given if a cancellation is made on the day of the program or later.
Note: For second graders, you may choose an age group during registration (k-2nd or 2nd-5th). This is so you may choose a group of younger or older peers for your learner based on your own assessment and preference.
These workshops are available for online registration.
Explore environmental science and learn how scientists study and protect our home – planet Earth.
What is energy? Use hands-on science to explore kinetic and potential energy, learn how energy from the sun affects all life, and how we use energy to power our world.
Take a sneak peak at the dates and themes for all No School Day, Winter Break, and Spring Break workshops we are offering this school year.
We are offering workshops on most school breaks for Eugene 4J, Bethel, and Springfield School Districts. Reference your school district calendar to find out which dates meet your needs, as these dates can differ by district.
For Early Release Day Workshops, or No School Days not found on this page, check out our Science After School Program.
- Thursday, October 10th: Ecology
- Friday, October 11th: NO PROGRAM, MUSEUM CLOSED
- Thursday, November 7th: Extreme Experiments
- Friday, November 8th: Mad Science
- Monday, November 11th (Veteran’s Day): Engineering (K-1st) and Scratch Coding (2nd-5th)
- Wednesday, December 4th: Extreme Experiments
- Thursday, December 5th: Mad Science
- Monday, December 23rd: Icy Science
- Thursday, December 26th: Zoology
- Friday, December 27th: Molecular Biology
- Monday, December 30th: Marine Science
- Thursday, January 2nd: Prehistoric Science
- Monday, January 6th: Astronomy
- Monday, January 20th (MLK Day): Mythbusters!
- Friday, January 31st: Earth Heroes
- Monday, February, 17th (Presidents’ Day): Energy
- Friday, March 13th: Science Magic
- Monday, March 23rd: Science of Slime
- Tuesday, March 24th: Weather
- Wednesday, March 25th: Engineering
- Thursday, March 26th: Meteorology
- Friday, March 27th: Entomology
- Friday, April 10th: Astronomy
- Monday, May 25th (Memorial Day): Habitat Hike!
Potential add-on dates: June 12, June 15-19 – please email [email protected] to indicate interest in a program on these dates.