Eugene Science Center's New Friday Afternoon Drop-Off Program
Science After School is a new program developed by Eugene Science Center in response to Friday early release days in local schools. The program is an opportunity for Kindergarten through 3rd grade students (and the home school equivalent) to explore science in a fun, hands-on setting. Science After School is led by experienced STEM educators and incorporates both structured and open-ended inquiry based learning opportunities. Advance registration is required.
Time: Fridays, 1:00 to 6:00 pm – See Calendar for Full Day (8am – 6pm) program dates and Holiday Schedulerd
- September 6th: Ecosystems
- September 13th: Watersheds
- September 20th: Geology
- September 27th: Chemical Reactions
- October 4th: Coding with Cozmo
- October 11th: Museum closed during home Ducks game (No Program)
- October 18th: Biology: Anatomy & Physiology
- October 25th: No Program – Join our Halloween event!
- November 1st: Biology: Animal Behavior
- November 8th: Full Day No School Day Workshop Only
- November 15th: Physics: Sound & Music
- November 22nd: Physics: Light, Color, & Vision
- November 29th: No Program, Thanksgiving Break
- December 6th: Environmental Science: Green Chemistry & Sustainability
- December 13th: Engineering: Buildings and Bridges
- December 20th: Engineering: Solving Problems
- December 27th: Full Day No School Day Workshop Only
- January 3rd: Coding with Cozmo
- January 10th: Astronomy: Our Solar System
- January 17th: Astronomy: Life of Stars
- January 24th: Astronomy: Our Galaxy & Universe
- January 31st: Full Day No School Day Workshop Only
- February 7th: Electrical Chemistry
- February 14th: Forensic Chemistry
- February 21st: Ecology: Jungles & Forests
- February 28th: Ecology: Deserts & Mountains
- March 6th: Ecology: Glaciers & Arctic
- March 13th: Full Day No School Day Workshop Only
- March 20th: Chemistry: Slime & Polymers
- March 27th: Full Day No School Day Workshop Only
- April 3rd: Zoology: Reptiles & Amphibians
- April 10th: Zoology: Mammals
- April 17th: Geoscience: Volcanoes & Earthquakes
- April 24th: Geoscience: Fossils
- May 1st: Mycology
- May 8th: Wetland Preservation & Sustainability
- May 15th: Entomology
- May 22nd: Ornithology
- May 29th: Botany
- June 6th: Best of Science After School – Kids’ Choice!
- June 13th: Potential Add-on Date – Kids’ Choice!
Full descriptions for dates are available on the Amilia registration site.
We use a registration software called Amilia. First time users of the Amilia registration system should reference our program registration guide.
Cancellation Policy for Science After School:
Cancellations made at least one week prior to the start of a program are eligible for a full refund or credit, minus a $5.00 cancellation fee per child. Cancellations after that are eligible for a 50% refund or credit. No refund or credit will be given if a cancellation is made on the day of the program or later.
Registration is open and available for Science After School dates through the end of January 2020.
Price: $35 per day.
Discounts: Members receive $5 off. Learn about memberships here.
When you register for 5 or more days, save an extra $20.
The discount for multiple days only applies if they are purchased in one single transaction. Discounts are automatically applied at checkout.
Scholarships: Need based scholarships are available. Contact the Education Director at educ[email protected] to learn more about scholarships.
Frequently Asked Questions
Eugene Science Center does not currently have the infrastructure to offer transportation from your child’s school to the museum. We realize mid-day transportation is a barrier to many families. We can help facilitate carpools for families who opt-in to sharing the location of their child’s school and/or their home address with other registered families.
Science After School is not specifically for students in Eugene 4J District schools. We were inspired by the new Eugene 4J early release calendar to develop this program, and offer select Full Day options that coincide with Eugene 4J No-School-Days. Students in other districts or homeschooled students may choose the dates that work for them.