‘Meet and Eat’
1-20 guests • Community Room or Back Classroom
A small conference room with tables and chairs that will seat up to 25 people. Each room comes with a mounted projector and whiteboard that is perfect for group meetings, lunches, or recording a lecture for your class. Food and drinks are allowed, with easy entrance to an outdoor space for a picnic or food truck access.
‘Under The Stars’
1-82 guests • Planetarium
This unique meeting space is perfect for a movie, game night, concert, lecture or to watch one of our planetarium or laser shows. Seats up to 85 people, comes with a HDMI connection to our large projector and sound system, wireless microphones, and more.
*After Hours planetarium rental upgrade options include:
- Live Planetarium Show Presenter
- Live 45-minute show
- Scheduling restrictions may apply
- Front Section Planetarium Seat Removal
- Open up your floor space for meeting tables, your own bean bag chairs, a mini yoga studio, a dance floor, and more
- Scheduling restrictions may apply
‘Stay and Play’
1-215 guests • Exhibit Hall
Our ever-changing array of exhibits features something for everyone! Explore our hands-on exhibit hall all to yourselves! This room can host up to 215 people. You can connect your Bluetooth device to our overhead speakers.
1-320 guests • Food Rooms + Exhibit Hall + Planetarium
Enjoy all that the Eugene Science Center has to offer! A full facility rental allows all of your guests to explore our exhibit hall, float in and out of our conference rooms to eat and drink and watch shows in the planetarium (up to 85 people per show at one time). This rental selection is fun for everyone on your guest list!
* Not available during open hours
1-60+ guests • Outdoor classroom / amphitheatre
Set up your own concert or ceremony on our outdoor stage in the beautiful Alton Baker Park overlooking a pond that is home to local plants and wildlife. Chairs and outdoor speakers are not included. Power hook-ups are available.
Delight business prospects, current clients, employees, and their families with an after-hours event at Eugene Science Center.
We will work with you to plan the perfect event. Whether you just rent the Exhibit Hall, the Planetarium, group meeting space, Outdoor Ecology Lab, our front field for a large tent, or all of the above – your event will be the hit of the season!
Regularly changing science exhibitions provide a special background of interactive learning and fun for your receptions, business presentations, or holiday and birthday parties!
Eugene Science Center Rentals typically occur outside of our normal museum and planetarium hours.
To book your rental, contact our Guest Relations & Operations Director, Grace Works, at [email protected].
If you would like to schedule a birthday party during our regular museum hours, learn more on our birthday party page.
Guidelines for all rentals:
- Events with more than 70 people attending may result in an extra staffing fee
- All rentals include access to our prep kitchen for a catered event
- All Eugene Science Center members receive a 10% discount on all rentals
- A 15% discount is offered to all Eugene Science Center Supporting members
- A 25% discount is offered for non-profit organizations with proper paperwork
- Set up and take down is factored into all events
- We recommend that you allow 20-30 minutes for set up before and after to gather personal belongings and to clean up after your event
- Time and fees can be flexible depending on your event
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is due in order to complete your reservation
- The remaining 50% is due 24 hours before your event is set to begin
- Failure to make payment will result in the cancelation of the event
- Contact for further information and pricing